Monday, July 18, 2011

New Beginning

So Intrepid Space Heroes is doing weird things. I decided that I didn't like the place where I had started the story in the one comic I actually posted last September. So since then I have nearly finished a new start page but halfway through coloring it I've changed my mind again.

Part of my problem is that I have a lot of characters with way a lot of backstory and I'm impatient to share it all. I had decided to pause the actual start and try and crank out a little self contained story about Terry on a dinosaur planet and I have spent the last couple months designing a queen of the Terror Birds.

Last week though I had a weird dream about being dropped in a giant marketplace/cityscape that was a man made island. All the floors where winding sloping grated pathways that spidered in and out of huge open domes. While dwelling on this dream at work it occurred to me that this would be the perfect setting for a bit of an origin story reminiscent of the opening scene in the first episode of Firefly. A little blurb from the department of backstory as it were.

If you want to do me a favor let me know what you'd rather see. Vote 1 for Terry and the Terror Birds, 2 for The As Yet Untitled Origin Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment