Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Basil of Baker Street


So I applied and was accepted to Animation Mentor. So, cool.

I've been reading a lot of Sherlock Holmes lately, and thinking about character animation. I was thinking all day at work about The Great Mouse Detective. For those of you who missed out, it's Sherlock Holmes, but with mice, basically. Also there are robots.

And of course Basil didn't have a cocaine addiction. Although I believe that he did smoke a pipe.

Basil of Baker Street had to be so much fun to animate. He's such a kinetic, over the top character. Expressive and hyper, and he does crazy things like blast throw pillows with his pistol and then gasp in despair when he fails to gain evidence against the Eeeville Professor Rattigan.

I did love that movie as a child. Especially the Big Ben scene with all the CGI gears that threaten to crush the main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment