Monday, March 15, 2010

Pi Day


First off, Beware The Ides of March!

There, glad we got that out of the way. As hopefully everyone knows, yesterday 3/14 was Pi Day (also the birthday of one Albert Einstein). To celebrate, I baked this delicious peach pie. It was (and continues to be) very good. I was quite please with the way that the lattice turned out.

I actually quite enjoyed Pi Day. It's a worthy holiday (like Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19) and you can't forget the date because it's 3.14. Imagine the Pi Day celebration in 2015. Eh?

Anywho, I plan to incorporate it into my personal roster of celebrated holidays. It can take the place of Easter.

In other news, Daylight Savings sucks. My current job starts at 5:30 in the morning. The worst part is this weekend I was starting on Sunday after coming off almost a week and a half of being out sick, so I'd been staying up and sleeping in later and my sleep schedule was already messed up. As far as I'm concerned, everyone has an excuse for being an ass for the next couple of days. I will attribute any cranky mood to Daylight Savings. Which is lucky for one of my coworkers because otherwise I would have been forced to ask who pissed in her cheerios this morning. It's been a couple days of this sullen attitude from her and I'm about done with it.

But maybe she'll cut loose on St. Patty's and calm down. So glad spring is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment