Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Creative Process...


So, after brooding on a rather offensive commercial that I saw, I have struck upon and idea for comic (and eventually possibly film) project. It's a bit of a horror movie pastiche. I was thinking sort of Werewolf, but it's probably more Jekyll and Hyde. I did a little sketching, some concept art, if you will, to start feeling out the main characters and I thought I'd share. Sorry to be so coy about the subject matter, but I'd rather get it more hammered out in my brain, although you may pick it up from the art.

And just for the heck of it, here is a study I did of a cat's eye. I wanted to get in some practice with digital painting. It's amazing how big a difference teh squiggly lines in the eye make. It just doesn't look lush and shiny without them.




Mine is the one on the left, in case you couldn't tell. I think I messed with it a little too much.

ETA: Wow the formatting on this came out all weird. Oh well, Blogger was being weird. Mine is still the one on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment